TAX FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
In order to keep client communication in one place, all communication will be made through the portal regardless if you choose to mail in or upload your documents. Missing information requests will be made through the portal as well. Since we are working remotely, keeping client communication in one place will help ensure we don’t miss important information.
Document Acceptance: To ensure all documents are collected, we will no longer accept client tax documents via email or text. Please mail or upload your documents to the client portal.
Important Dates - Tax Season 2022
- January 31 - Form 1099-NEC due. If you paid any person over $600 in services, then you are required to issue Form 1099-NEC. If you need us to prepare this for you, we will need this information by January 20, 2022.
- February 15 - S-Corporation and Partnership business information must be received by February 15, 2022, to guarantee completion by March 15, 2022.
- March 15 - S-Corporation and Partnership Tax Return Deadline
- March 22 - Tax information must be received by March 22, 2022, to guarantee completion by April 15, 2022. The only returns we will be able to guarantee are the ones with complete and accurate information.
- March 22 - Tax information must be received by March 22, 2022, to calculate an estimated extension payment amount. If the information is not received by this date, we cannot guarantee we will have time to calculate an extension amount and will most likely be filing the extension with zero.
- April 15 - Individual, C-Corporation and Fiduciary Returns are due.
- April 15 - Individual extension deadline - this is only an extension of the tax return and not an extension of payment. If all taxes are not paid by April 15, 2022, then there will be penalties and interest assessed.
Please login to our portal (www.kristingravitt.taxdome.com). Follow the video below to upload your documents and submit ONLY WHEN COMPLETE!
Login to our CLIENT PORTAL and follow the instructions in the video below.
Please login to our CLIENT PORTAL and follow the video below.
Awesome - Your return is complete. Login to our CLIENT PORTAL and follow the instructions in the video.
If you wish to mail your documents to us, we will be assessing a $25 mailing fee to your return. We will only be checking the post office box and mailing tax returns out once per week. If you choose to mail in your documents, we will mail your copy of your tax return to you when complete. Once you have reviewed your tax returns, both taxpayer and spouse (if married) will need to sign the e-file authorization form and mail back to us along with your payment. Please let us know as soon as you can if you will be mailing your documents to us.
Please mail your documents to the following address:
P.O. Box 11816
Charlotte, NC 28220
Package Mail (UPS or FedEx)
4117 Park Road
P.O. Box 11816
Charlotte, NC 28209
If you chose the option to upload your documents, we will be using the same portal as last year. You can log in using the following address: https://kristingravitt.taxdome.com/login. If you did not use this option last year and wish to this year, please let us know so we can send you an invitation to the portal. We will be uploading your engagement letter to sign electronically. Please let us know if you would like for us to upload an organizer. We will be continuing to collect full payment prior to releasing the copy of the tax return and authorization form. The tax return will be uploaded upon completion but you will not be able to open the copy until we receive payment for the tax return. The client portal will have an option for e-signatures which will also be the knowledge-based authentication but hopefully will work more efficiently than the one we used this year.
The cost is based on time spent on tax preparation and forms previously used to complete your tax return. Any additional changes requested will be charged separately. Invoicing will be done through the client portal. If you mailed your documents, please send your check in the envelope along with your signed e-file authorization form.
We expect a 3-week time frame to complete your return. You will receive a message when your information has been received. Please allow 3-weeks prior to requesting the status of the return. Thank you so much for your patience as we try to process returns as quickly as possible and on a first come first serve basis.